Apple’s Marketing Strategy is Killing it
Has anybody else ever wondered why Apple has never gotten into a price war? No?
Well, for us marketers, the nights and days are spent in coming up with new ways of creating a marketing strategy that is impenetrable by contingencies.
You know, just like Apple’s.
You gotta’ hand it to Steve jobs, whose marketing excellence was the main force that propelled Apple to the top-spot. Today, Apple’s marketing tactics and strategies have become a benchmark for any company that aspires to reach the same heights. Every business can learn a thing or two once it starts to observe the path that Apple has taken, to become the Mac-daddy that it is today.
There’s a lot of lessons to learn from Apple’s marketing folks, and we’re about to break it down for you. Below are a few take-away essentials that can help you build a marketing strategy that brings you to the top of the game.
- Simplicity is Key: Your audiences don’t need sophisticated campaigns that unload information by the kilos. Keep it short, simple, and snappy. Jargon is a killer.
- Product Placement is Crucial: A pricey option, but highly effective. Placing your product with an influencer helps plant the seed that generates leads. You do the math.
- Influence Reviews: There are many ways to go about this one. Apple offers free trails or samples in exchange for reviews or testimonials on social media, which helps in driving engagement and credibility. If there’s any brand that knows how to hype up their product, it’s Apple.
- Value is More Important than Price: Apple has avoided price wars very effectively. They focus on bringing more value to the users, rather than the price, which helps them stay ahead of the competition. Users are happy to pay because, hey, it’s Apple. ‘Nuf said.
- Have Core Values: Your customers are always interested in knowing what you stand for, and you’ve got to give it to them. Your stand goes beyond your product and helps customers become comfortable with their purchase.
- Talk Like Your Audiences: Your customers are your biggest asset and you need to study them extensively to talk their language and create a stronger bond. Apple faultlessly manages to say to its customers exactly what they want to hear.
- Good Visuals Go a Long Way: Always remember that we live in a world that’s driven by content and a bombardment of words is not what you need. Keep the word count small and the visuals brilliant to make sure your business succeeds.
When there’s a brand like Apple that you can’t really beat (like ever), what do you do?
You learn from it.
Nike’s Self-Lacing Shoes are Absolute #GOALS
What a great time to be ALIVE!
Nike is bringing Self-Lacing shoes to the market, and we can’t stop drooling all over ‘em (metaphorically). Check them out here:
Brain-Food for Marketers
This week, we will help you envision a marketing strategy that goes beyond bounds to get your brand the leverage it deserves. Content is king, which is a fact that specifically plays a very important role right now. That’s why, what every marketer needs is reliable advice.
You can thank us later.
Instagram is Saving You from the Hate
Instagram is so over it, and so were we, for a long time now. They’ve finally added a hate-filter, of sorts, and we can all rest easy.
The internet has the tendency to become a vile place, especially if you wander off to the comments section, but not anymore. To be fair, anonymous commenting is a phenomenon that we have yet to understand, and it can often get out of hand on the internet.
Instagram has now added a feature that can help you combat any inappropriate shenanigans with a simple filter, where you can simply add keywords and hide any comments or messages that may be vulgar, abusive or downright unwanted.
The main aim of this feature, as Kevin Systrom – Co-founder of Instagram explains is, “to create a community where everyone feels safe to be themselves without criticism or harassment”.
You can enable this feature through the gear icon on your profile, by clicking on the new ‘Comments’ section.
So go check the new feature out and get better control over your posts till you meet us right here, next week.